MetaMask has always been the go-to wallet for accessing the Ethereum network. However, you can now connect MetaMask to the Binance Smart Chain, for accessing decentralized apps and DeFi that support it.
Users are getting increasingly frustrated with the sky-high prices when interacting with the Ethereum network and are now searching for ways to reduce their costs.
One way is by avoiding the Ethereum blockchain altogether by using Dapps such as PancakeSwap or Burgerswap to exchange your assets, yield farm, or vote on proposals on alternative blockchains. One such blockchain is the Binance Smart Chain built for cross-chain compatibility with Binance Chain, the home of the BNB token.
In the tutorial, I will explain how to connect MetaMask wallet to the BSC (Binance Smart Chain). For more information on the Binance Smart Chain, you can also check out the Binance Academy.
What is MetaMask?
MetaMask is a crypto wallet and gateway to blockchain-based apps. MetaMask is available as a browser extension for the likes of Chrome, FireFox, and Brave. Traditionally used on the Ethereum network, MetaMask can also be customized to connect to the likes of Binance Smart Chain and Avalanche Network.
If you would like to find out more information, check out our step-by-step MetaMask tutorial here.
Connecting Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask
Below are the details that you will need to add to your MetaMask account to add the Binance Smart Chain. However, before transferring to the network, please also double-check these with the Binance Academy blog to ensure they are up to date.
Network Name: Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
How to Send BNB to Binance Smart Chain on MetaMask
If you want to transfer BNB tokens from Binance Exchange to Metamask, you will first need to follow the above steps set out in this tutorial. Once that’s completed you can then follow below to send BNB
- Open up your Binance wallet within the exchange, select Binance (BNB), and click withdraw.
- Open MetaMask on your browser. Make sure you have the Binance Smart Chain network selected before you copy your address.
- Paste the MetaMask address you copied, in the address field on Binance Exchange. Choose the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) Network and enter the amount you want to transfer, then submit the transaction.
- I recommend using 2FA as an extra layer of security, so if you have this in place, you should be asked to confirm the transaction. If you don’t have a YubiKey, I recommend looking into this to increase security.
- Once you have completed security verification you should receive a confirmation email of your withdrawal.
- As the transaction was sent via Binance Smart Chain, the transaction should go through within a couple of minutes and at a very low transaction fee.
Unfortunately, Binance.com isn’t available for users who live in the United States and are instead permitted to use Binance.US. Some of the downfalls with Binance.US is the number of trading pairs available and the ability to swap or take part in liquidity farming on PancakeSwap or BakerySwap. However,
Binance has released a Binance Chain Wallet extension for chrome browser, that works for both the Binance Chain (BC) and Binance Smart Chain (BSC). However, users have experienced issues when using the Binance Chain Wallet, so just be curious when using this.
Another option I believe you can get around this is by disguising your location by using a VPN like ExpressVPN. This is a risk and not something I would recommend.
How to Save up to 45% on Binance Trading Fees
If you’re new to Binance Exchange, you can save up to 45% on trading fees by following these few steps. Click here to sign-up to Binance and save 20% straight away.
Earn 20% discount on every trade by using referral ID GPZ64I32